What are the fastest growing careers in Hospitality & Tourism?
Hospitality & Tourism careers include jobs in food or services for people to enjoy leisure activities or vacations.
Here is a list of 10 fastest growing careers in the Hospitality & Tourism career cluster with substantial job demand.
- Cooks, Restaurant: Projected Job Growth: 16.89%
Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
- Amusement and Recreation Attendants: Projected Job Growth: 11.28%
Perform a variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
- Bartenders: Projected Job Growth: 9.07%
Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through waitstaff.
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers: Projected Job Growth: 8.29%
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop: Projected Job Growth: 7.48%
Welcome patrons, seat them at tables or in lounge, and help ensure quality of facilities and service.
- Chefs and Head Cooks: Projected Job Growth: 7.14%
Direct and may participate in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers: Projected Job Growth: 6.84%
Facilitate food service. Clean tables; remove dirty dishes; replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
- Baristas: Projected Job Growth: 6.83%
Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
- Fast Food and Counter Workers: Projected Job Growth: 6.83%
Perform duties such as taking orders and serving food and beverages. Serve customers at counter or from a steam table. May take payment. May prepare food and beverages.
- Food Service Managers: Projected Job Growth: 6.11%
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that serves food and beverages.
This list was developed to provide meaningful information, so only occupations with a minimum number of available jobs were included.