10 Fastest Growing Jobs in Education & Training
What are the fastest growing careers in Education & Training?
Education & Training careers include jobs in planning, managing, and providing education and training services, as well as related learning support services.
Here is a list of 10 fastest growing careers in the Education & Training career cluster with substantial job demand.
- Self-Enrichment Teachers: Projected Job Growth: 11.06%
Teach or instruct individuals or groups for the primary purpose of self-enrichment or recreation, rather than for an occupational objective, educational attainment, competition, or fitness.
- Coaches and Scouts: Projected Job Growth: 9.95%
Instruct or coach groups or individuals in the fundamentals of sports for the primary purpose of competition. Demonstrate techniques and methods of participation.
- Tutors: Projected Job Growth: 7.61%
Instruct individual students or small groups of students in academic subjects to support formal class instruction or to prepare students for standardized or admissions tests.
- Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education: Projected Job Growth: 7.39%
Instruct preschool-aged students, following curricula or lesson plans, in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth.
- Instructional Coordinators: Projected Job Growth: 5.41%
Develop instructional material, coordinate educational content, and incorporate current technology into instruction in order to provide guidelines to educators and instructors for developing curricula and conducting courses. May train and coach teachers. Includes educational consultants and specialists, and instructional material directors.
- Educational, Guidance, and Career Counselors and Advisors: Projected Job Growth: 5.39%
Advise and assist students and provide educational and vocational guidance services.
- Substitute Teachers, Short-Term: Projected Job Growth: 4.86%
Teach students on a short-term basis as a temporary replacement for a regular classroom teacher, typically using the regular teacher's lesson plan.
- Postsecondary Teachers: Projected Job Growth: 4.79%
This includes postsecondary positions across a variety of subjects such as Chemistry Teachers, Economics Teachers, and History Teachers. Teaches college level courses in the subject area. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary: Projected Job Growth: 3.78%
Plan, direct, or coordinate student instruction, administration, and services, as well as other research and educational activities, at postsecondary institutions, including universities, colleges, and junior and community colleges.
- Teaching Assistants, Preschool, Elementary, Middle, and Secondary School, Except Special Education: Projected Job Growth: 3.32%
Assist a preschool, elementary, middle, or secondary school teacher with instructional duties. Serve in a position for which a teacher has primary responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services.
This list was developed to provide meaningful information, so only occupations with a minimum number of available jobs were included.
Explore more careers on BigFuture. Not sure where to start? Get a list of careers that match your interests with our easy 15-minute Career Quiz.