Who should fill out the FAFSA?

If you need assistance paying for college and are eligible for federal financial aid, you should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal financial aid is available for U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens (like permanent residents and individuals who meet certain noncitizen criteria). The application is free, and help is available along the way. You should complete the FAFSA every year you plan to attend college. You (the student) should complete the FAFSA, but your parent/guardian will also need to create an account to provide some of the required information. For more on student eligibility for financial aid, continue reading this article.

Also Found On