About the Scholarship
Scholarships are a type of financial aid, often known as “free money,” that help you pay for college. Unlike loans, you don’t have to pay back a scholarship award. BigFuture will match you with scholarships based on your background, achievements, and future plans.
Students in the class of 2023 who explore the BigFuture Scholarship Search will earn entries in monthly drawings for $500 and $40,000 scholarships. That’s right: By discovering your own list of other scholarships, personalized for you, you’ll qualify for scholarships from BigFuture.
How to Qualify
- Log in to your College Board account on Scholarship Search.
- Answer questions to complete your Matching Criteria information.
- Review the list of other scholarships that you qualify for.
- Click Go Apply for at least 1 scholarship to learn about requirements or fill out an application.
Tips for Using Scholarship Search
- How does Scholarship Search work?
Scholarship Search matches you with scholarships based on the information in your profile. Your list will only include scholarships with requirements that match your profile.
- How can I receive more information about the scholarships?
Click on Go Apply button next to each scholarship of interest. This takes you directly to the scholarship site.
- How can I get more scholarship matches?
The Scholarship Search tool matches you with potential scholarships if your profile matches their requirements. The more information you provide, the higher the likelihood you’ll see additional matches in your results list. Get started by completing the fields in the Matching Criteria summary on the My Information tab.
Increase Your Chances
As soon as you click Go Apply to explore one or more scholarships, you’ll be entered into every monthly drawing for $500 and $40,000.
- The earlier you explore other scholarships, the more chances you have to be selected. You’ll receive an entry in every monthly drawing for $500 for exploring scholarships.
- You’ll also get one entry in the monthly drawings for $40,000 scholarships. Complete additional steps on BigFuture to earn more entries.
- Whenever students whose families earn less than $60,000 a year build a college list, they’ll earn an extra entry in monthly drawings and have double the chances at a scholarship. Half of all awards are reserved for students who meet the income criteria.
Dates and Deadlines
Scholarships for $500 are awarded every month from July 2022 through February 2023. Scholarships for $40,000 are awarded every month until February 2023. Drawings occur on the first day of every month.
How do I earn an entry?
How will I know when I've earned an entry?
After you click Go Apply for at least one scholarship, you’ll be automatically entered in monthly drawings unless you opt out of participation. You’ll see an update on your dashboard on BigFuture when you earn entries for $500 and $40,000. You’ll also get an email to confirm your drawing entries.