Should I create an FSA ID if I’m not eligible for federal financial aid?

Undocumented students, including DACA students, aren’t eligible for federal student aid. However, you may be eligible for state or institutional financial aid provided directly from colleges, in addition to private scholarships. If you’re an undocumented or DACA student and would like to learn more about what the financial aid process may look like, look at Undocumented Students: Questions and Answers About Paying for College.

If you’re ineligible for federal financial aid, you don’t need to create an FSA ID. You should contact each college you plan to apply to and see what types of institutional financial aid may be available to you and how to apply.

Also Found On